Saturday, June 27, 2009

Access web on Terminal

Internet in hostels was blocked as we were having exams. I never studied from books after my graduation, always preferred content from internet finally i logged into my lab server as ssh was only option allowed to get out of hostel LAN. We can access internet in our lab and i knew that webpages can be opened on terminal also after a short try i got lynx and i was connected to internet out side after that the first thing i did was i searched on other available options ... i opened yahoo.com and searched on various other options ... i got many terminal based browsers .. here is the list i have searched

lynx
links
it has some other variants also ELinks, Links2, Links-hacked
retawq
w3m

I have spent all my night with browsers on terminal ... got up late at morning and screwed up my exam ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment